Sunday, August 1, 2010

He came, he saw, he conquered....I didn't feel a thing....

Well, that is not entirely true. The first emotion I remember feeling was wonder. He looked, well, human. No halo, no horn, nothing.  Actually I thought he looked a bit like one of my mother's distant cousins...

This was our conversation.

He: "Time to go"

...

 just three simple words. Well, that was fast...is it time already...???


I: "Okay. Who the hell are you....and where exactly are we going?"
He: "To the other side, the white light...whatever...of that wall you see at a distance. "
I "Okay, I'm not completely stupid, you know. I know as much. What is it, as in, heaven or hell or..."
He: "It is just a place. You make your own heaven or hell here on Earth, as you live. You can hold my hand if you are scared". He held out his hand.
I:"No, I don't hold hands."
He:"Oh, I thought you liked to. Is it because he wouldn't hold your hand?"
I:"That, my dear...who did you say you where???"
He:" I didn't actually..since you ask... I'm a helper..I'm supposed to assist with your transition to the other side." 

Well, you aren't doing a great job of it...

I:"As I was saying, that is none of your business, my dear 'helper'. Is this going to be a long journey?"
He: "Depends on your perception. For the mind that wanders it wouldn't be. For the mind that stays, it is."
I:"Okay, then I'm asking for a new helper. You are boring me with all this obscure talks."
He:"Your luck has obviously run out. I'm the only one available. You chose a very inconvenient time to die."

Oh well, what else is new...I'm always wrong...always have been, always will be. Even my timing is bad. couldn't even die at a good time...There's something so pathetic about it.....

I:" Okay...then why are we wasting time...Let's move our asses "...
He:" You sure you don't want to hold my hand?"
I:"Does it hurt to cross to the...well...the other side...?"
He: "Not it doesn't. It is the transition of the soul. No feelings of your body remain."

Well, there he goes..again...

I:"In that case..no..thank you very much. One last question..."
He:"Yes. But fast, because I have work elsewhere...you are not the only person with bad timing..you know.."

Well, that's a relief.

I:"What about..well...my body...will it just rot there?"

He rolled his eyes, wow, I didn't know that other worldly beings also did that.

He:" It is just like you to worry about such things. Yes it will. It is just a vehicle. You are much more than that. Although you don't realise.."

Okay,  I'm shallow...So what's new...

He:" Can we go now, if your questions are over?"
I:" Okay..."

I am a bit scared, apprehensive, more the like. First experience..right. I can feel rather than see the light beyond. It is blinding, but not uncomfortably so. It is more like gravity. It is holding me, rather than me advancing towards it...

I grabbed his hand after all...I saw his lips crinkle in a knowing smile...(I'm a coward...big deal)...and began my journey toward THE LIGHT. It didn't feel like the end of life... rather, like the beginning of something even bigger and better...hmm...here's a thought, I might even enjoy afterlife :)


No comments: