Thursday, August 12, 2010

I had a dream...

I had a dream...
To walk on the clouds
To breathe in the wind
To sleep amongst the stars...
To play with the moon...

I had a dream...
To grow up one day and be perfect
To have something I'm afraid to lose
To be someone to look up to
To be grand, to be special...

I woke up one day and realised
That dreams are not all they're made out to be...
That you almost never get what you dream about
That you never ever get what you wish for
That you'll never ever  be the one you want to be...
And that you'll be who you'd never have wished to be...

Life is not fair...but who said it'll be...right....

3 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

well, I think 'never' is a harsh term... I think you can but there are limitations to it.

buttercup said...

not from where I'm standing...I've single handedly managed to demolish one of the best things that ever happened to me,... all by myself...

Capricious said...

what did you do???