Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm up very early today. It's just turning 5 in the morning. Morning does come very early these days. It is already lighting up. The cold air pouring in belies the summer month. The first of June...brings home happy memories of this very day just a year before ( Well, June 1st has been a rather special day for years now. To someone I love, it was a day of painful memories, and indirectly, because of the same reason, it has been a favourite of mine. Life definitely is full of ironies). I was happy then, I'm happy now. Life has come a full circle,in just one year.

I have been having trouble sleeping for a few days. I have no idea why. It's been taking a bit of a toll on my health. All the weakness and dizziness I've come to associate with my anaemia meds have become something of a constant for a few days. But all that aside, I'm sort of quietly happy today. A sort of resolute peace has settled in my mind.

All the sleeplessness has left too much time on my hand. So my room is unconventionally clean now. And I changed the alignment of my bed and the writing table, in an attempt to bring some light into the room. It seems to have worked. I like it better this way. Except for a slight change, this was how I found this room when I came here. I moved the furniture about somewhat when I got bored. Now I realise with a pleasant jolt that I liked it better the way it was before. As they say, nothing like change to point you in the right direction.

Everyone is starting to go about their daily businesses after the long bank holiday weekend. I plan to give myself some more time to reminisce and then am going to immerse myself in studies. Two more exams to go, and then I' free... at least for a while.


2 comments:

Jon said...

Take care girl...have a nice day

buttercup said...

thank u... u too :)