Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Life was so simple when I was a child,
All I had to do was homework and classwork
And study a little,a couple of hours,
Then I had all the time to play and have fun.

I didn't have to worry about lying boyfriends,
I didn't have to worry about upsetting people,
I didn't have to worry about giving "wrong signals"
All I had to do, was go with the flow.

I miss those days,of sparkling innocence,
When a boy's smile didn't mean the world to me,
When the hardest decision was choosing some colour
When a thousand thoughts didn't haunt me like ghosts,
Forcing me to pick and choose and decide...and whatnot!!!
I miss those carefree days of joy,
When 'prick' still meant what a needle did to you,
Most of all, I miss being me,
I miss not having to please people all the time.

P.S I'm not even sure if this is a poem. Just some random thoughts which make absolutely no sense! ;)



6 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

Yes, I can so relate to this. I wrote something similar a little while ago :-)

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes! Your thoughtful acts make my day.

:-)

buttercup said...

you are very welcome dear :) and thats so sweet :)

Jon said...

I won't believe a word of it.... a girl cares only about a guy's wallet...nothing else ;)

Just kidding

buttercup said...

:P wel..Then all the guy cares about is..you know :P

jk ;)

Jon said...

All what a guy cares about is some love and care from the women folks... It's u women who has labelled us as such :P

buttercup said...

ya rte!!! :P