Thursday, March 25, 2010

I agree totally with Arshi (from You are here,Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan), when she says "life fucks you up exactly when you think you have everything sorted out". I mean, why does it have to be like that all the time...why does something or the other always go wrong in our lives...why...why...???

Well, I don't deny that I do enjoy life as it is, and a tame life would be highly boring and unwelcome. But sometimes,atleast sometimes I would like to have a life without any surprises or hitches,you know,like normal, peaceful,contented life.

I am not in a weird mood and I have no idea why I'm going all philosophical right now. I guess studies has that effect on me. I have a whole month of examinations staring me in the face, starting from May 12th and going on till June 11th. Plus the dissertation worries. I hate programming, and the original work in my research paper is TOTALLY to do with it :(. This is another thing that happens to me, always, I repeat always, academically, I get stuck with the topic I hate the most in doing my projects and stuff like that. The same happened in my undergrad. I absolutely HATE optics, and my final year project was on optics...Talk about hard luck huh!!!

Which brings me back to my pet topic, the "I hate studies" one. I have been good at it all my life due to some glitch God planted in my brain, but I've always, always hated studying. Don't tell me that everyone does, because I HAVE met some really weird people who actually ENJOY studying,can you believe??? I've always needed some nagging to get started and then to go on and some more..lol.. So now, when I have absolute freedom to do as I wish, I am dutifully neglecting them and whiling away time doing nothing. I know that is nothing to be proud of and believe me, I've been trying to rectify it, by normalising my schedule and going off the internet etc etc, but not been having much luck with it,some habits do die hard,I guess...Any tips anyone???

3 comments:

Cuttu said...

Well, i guess its all up to you now to gather the courage to actually go off the internet!!!! I think one action will lead to another. Initially you may still not study, even being off the internet but slowly it will push you towards picking up a book reading may be just a couple of pages. And there lies the trick. Like you said, you are pretty good at studies if you put your heart to it, you have nothing to worry.
As an alternative you can think about leaving your room and study some place else.
Good Luck!!!

Pesto Sauce said...

That book from Meenakshi Reddy had most fundas right...I agree that life fucks you and fucks real hard

buttercup said...

@ cuttu

yep yep I am trying to do just that, and thank you :D

@ pesto

ya i agree...