Sunday, January 18, 2009

So....

Am back to Pune..and miserable.

My mom and grandpa were here for a couple of days. They left the day before yesterday and am alone in my flat (My roomie has gone home and landlady left for someone's wedding last month,and is not yet back). I don't mind being alone,in fact I like that. I can do whatever I wanna do and sleep at whatever time I want to,can read for how muchever time I want to.

Btw,am reading this amazing book called 'Twilight' now,by Stephanie Meyer. Its about a vampire falling in love with a girl. It is so wonderfully romantic. Now am waiting to get my hands on its sequel,called 'new moon'. If anyone knows where to get it in pune,plz let me know.

One gross,but interesting thing happened during my train journey to Pune. I was sleeping on the middle berth of the sleeper class k. This guy who was sleeping above me actually groped me,Can you imagine?? I was half asleep. I woke with a start to find this guy's hand fumbling with my blanket. I moved a bit more inside the berth and went to sleep. N then I found his hand hovering so close to me again and I slapped it away. By this time I was fully awake. I was waiting for him to do something else so I could scratch him with my crab(the thing with teeth which girls tie ther hair with. It could be used as an assault weapon in the absence of safety pin or pen). However,he didn't lower his hand again,but he did peer down to see if I was awake,probably to continue his programme if I weren't. Then comes my dialogue(I'm quite proud of it,u knw):"agar tumhara hath phir se neeche aa jatha hai,to tum gaye kaam se". Hearing this,my mom n granddad woke up and my granddad swapped places with me and I went to sleep peacefully. Interesting,but quite shocking ,u knw,and a bit scary. I thought north indians were especially respectful to women(that's what i've felt so far).They say,that my place,Kerala is the least safe for women after dark. But I've never felt that. Ive travelled alone till 9 pm(which is considerd quite lateat my place) many times and have never had a bad experience.

Well,so that was my vacation adventure..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what you said is right. kerala is far better than north india, Except bombay. In south india ladies are more respected.