Thursday, February 11, 2010

There was a rainbow box,
In which I hid my colours,
I kept them locked away
From all eyes,but mine.

When I opened the lid today,
The colours had all but lost their shine
But still,they were my colours,
They were my dreams wrapped in tinsel.

Those dreams,which I'd nurtured as a child,
Those dreams,which were once my reason to live,
Those dreams,which made me who I am,
Those dreams,which were mine and only mine.

As I grew,I started to think,
As I thought, I realized things...
I realized that, those colours,
Those dreams of mine,..
They never would've made it
Out of that box anyway...
They never would've painted my life
Yellow, and Red and every other colour...
They never would've gone out
Into the world, and made it a better place.

As realization stormed my brain,
I closed the lid on my rainbow box once more
Only to open it and wonder
How different life would've been
If I'd let my colours out....

2 comments:

Jon said...

Too good yaar..

Even I felt the tug in my heart and a bit of remorse

buttercup said...

thanx ya :)