Saturday, February 20, 2010

There is a Jewish Cemetery in between my University Campus. Whenever I pass by it, I recall a lonely grave back home....

It is not made of stone like the ones here, it is not covered with snow and mud and doesn't look overgrown and neglected. It isn't left alone in the middle of nowhere...

It is a black granite gravestone,brand -new, well tended... Fresh flowers are kept on it every day...Loved ones visit it regularly.....

6 feet below the ground, 6 feet in length... 5100 miles away from where my body is... lies my heart...which still beats in the world where you don't breathe.....


Your sound was music,
Your laugh was light,
Your words were
What made me live...
You were whom
I lived for...
I lost you,
Life,Love,Meaning... Over.
Every day I live
Every breath I take
I still take
For you, and you only...
For I can't throw away the life,
You didn't have the chance
To live.....

4 comments:

Cuttu said...

its great. i think you should write more often.

buttercup said...

lol thanxx :)

Jon said...

Excellent....Loved it

buttercup said...

thank u :)