Thursday, February 26, 2009

1) I had a fabulous time this weekend. my old old friend whom I haven't set eyes on for about 6 1/2 years (by his reckoning) came on a fleeting visit. It was really nice. Actually I'm still in its hangover.

2) I do miss having a boyfriend. Not the committment part and sweet talks (urgh! Thank God am over all that), but the ease of having someone to listen to you all the time. You don't have to think twice about calling up, worry about what he'll think about you if you call at some godforsaken time, don't have to choose words when you are feeling blue. its like having an 'honorary' girlfriend.

3) I am essentially a nocturnal creature. Nights are my specialty. The problem with this is that,when I'm in my peak moods, everyone else is asleep. I'll be dying to talk to someone and I'll call up my best friend A. But she is dead to the world as soon as the clock strikes 10. (Btw, I love her so much, she is the single person in the world who knows every single thng in my life. I can say any damn thing to her without fear that she'll judge me by them, no matter however outrageous or absurd my thoughts are. She is really priceless).

4) I was just browsing through my phone's gallery. I came upon my cousin's kid's pic. She is veryyyy cute and an original piece. The kind of tantrums that kid throws!! Anyway, this was a really sweet pic with a toothy smile. i was line " Crap, man!! Why the hell did I grow up??" This is something my friend and I ask each other every single day. Lfe was much simpler when we were kids. Not to worry about anything beyond homework, no crappy boyfriends,no 'staying alone' woes( like laundry and cooking and what not), no project deadlines, nothing. (Now aren't I sounding like an 80 year old Grandma? Nice). When parents say something so 'parentish', we can't roll your eyes and say," Why are grownups like this?" coz we are the grownups now. I don't mind that quite so much though. Like all younger kids in family, I always wanted to grow up fast. But it would definitely have been simpler to be young, fr then everyone tells you what to do. You don't have to burn your head thinking and deciding and all that crap. Yes, life is so much simpler when one is a kid.

1 comment:

alx said...

1->wat abt him
2->common navaneet s always der.N u can always ring up jinesh.he s nocturnal as wel
3->lol...i just remembered our fone cal dat night...yeah it ws aftr 12
4->the other pasture s always greener