Friday, November 14, 2008

You knw,there should be a perfect book for every reader; the one with which u laugh,cry and above all,identify yourself. For me, that book is GONE WITH THE WIND. i don't know how many times i have read it. But i jes dont get bored with it, and can read it any number of times,again and again,continuously. I hadn't known how much i missed it till i read Scarlett. I had left my copy at home when i went this time(that was a paperback neway).

And i wanted to buy its original very badly. So the day my exams were over, i went and bought it, and immersed myself in it too,you can say. Wild horses can't drag me away from it:-)). And my heart is already breaking under the thought that i'll have 2 lend it 2 my friend who had askd me 4 it the very day i bought it:-((.

I dunno,it is the only love story i've ever lakd. Its not totally a love story though,its a period story u can say,love has a very small part in it. Its a classic really. And the only book reading which,i've ever cried:-). And i just love Scarlett o'Hara for all her hardheadedness and shrewdness and all the annoying qualities(?) she has. Let's just say dat i feel a strong kinship and empathy with her. And Melanie is too good to be true.I would love to hav a sister lak her. Ashley is stupid;i dunno how Scarlett could be so in love with him. And Rhett,he's just divine,to say the least. I really have no idea how Scarlett could be so shortsighted as to not see from the first that he loved her so madly. He is,you know, the perfect lover,with all this romantic aura around him. You can eat him with a spoon!!!

I've just finished reading it for the second time after buying it 4 days ago. Its quite a heavy book,with somethin lak 1485 pages. But its actually worth spending all the time reading it.

No comments: