Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today,almost 4 years later I thought of the guy I had my first crush on. Well,not first crush,first serious crush;which lasted more than a week:-); which still has a haunting quality,a long time after I convinced myself that I'm totally over him.

I was listening to a song from the movie Dilkabaddi, a sad song actually,the guy pining for the girl type. And, I dunno, it just came back all of a sudden,with a tinge of nostalgia. I was 14 years old again, back at school. He was 2 years ahead of me.We had absolutely nothing in common,save for some common friends and a sunsign. I don't remember how or why I'd fallen for him. With all the innocence typical of that age I believed it was true love,till the end. Not only didn't he reciprocate my feelings, he actually thought I was just a silly little girl. It didn't matter to me much at that time, I was content to just go on like that. I had resolutely tried to maintain a friendship sort of for a while afterward. But that too dissolved in a haze of confusion; including a cousin,a family friend,3 close friends and a weird guy;long story.

It was the longest crush of my life,perhaps my first love,which lasted 3 whole years,Wow! I have seen him only once after we both left that school. For a long time, I believed that since my love is true, he will come back to me eventually. I dunno if I still believe that. It seems funny now,since he has been a jerk for the time I have known him. But it seems there is a wee twinge in my heart when I think of him. Maybe I'm not as over him as I think;maybe I don't want to be;maybe I just wanna keep him as a bittersweet memory of my first love;maybe...

No comments: