Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Well,....so...Am in London. Reached a couple of days ago.. Been having welcome programmes and local tours and seminars about every other way of adjusting to a different culture etcetera etcetera.... Oh and there is some issue with the internet connection in my students housing. The connection is 'sporadic' it seems. So am relying on the student computer room at coll to type this :). Its not too bad btw.

About my college.. It is called Queen Mary,University of London. I've heard its quite gud. The infrastructure is sorta great..N my housing's nice too. Its called Stocks Court n is some 5 min walk from the campus. I had some prob initially to find my way around the campus,but now am getting better at it. :). There are some pretty cool hangouts inside.. I haven't seen the library yet. where,I've been told that I will have to actually spend loaaadss of time unlike in our place lol.Also I've not met a single person from my course of study..I've been meeting lots of Indians all over the place though. But I've been told (well,warned is more like it i ges) that I shudn't just stick with the Indians all the time by one of my best friends :).

The main thing these ppl keep telling us over and over again and again in the workshops is that u shud b careful with ur money n belongings ,u shud never take a route through aany secluded area after dark n sooo on..The way they had been carrying on about it,it sounds like the crime capital of the world. Well,I know it is better to be safe than sorry and all that..but still I can't help feeling thatthese ppl are tooooo cautious as a race.

I have this boat trip through the Thames scheduled later this evening and a London Bus Tour on Thursday..Am excitedd...:D.

PS: The weather s sorta nice,cool,ooty type lol. :)

No comments: