Saturday, January 30, 2010

In Memoriam M -Part 2

To M....

I know I can't hold on to you forever. I know I'll have to let you go at some point. And believe me, I've been trying,and trying hard...

I didn't just shrivel up and cry when you left all of a sudden, I didn't stop living my life, as much as I wanted to. For the past 5 months I've been trying my damnedest, trying like hell to just be normal, to go back to what I was before you arrived. Don't get me wrong here, my life has been all the more better because you were there, but now, when you are not there, I find it really really really difficult to live with even your memories. It is especially difficult sometimes. Some days it takes everything I have, every ounce of willpower I ever possessed to just get out of the damn bed and go about my business.

I never gave up on anything, not even the hope that you will ultimately come back some day... not yet...even when I know that the place you went is a place from where no one ever comes back...the eternal home from where there is no return. I still hope because that is the one thing I learnt from you, to hope even in the most impossible situations, to never give up on anything...I'm doing everything I can to move on... I can't be free of you, I never will be and I never want to be.. But I want this all-blinding pain in my chest to end, whenever I think of you, I want this lump which crops up in my throat at the mention of your name to go away , I want my tears not to flow every time I think of our times spent together...

I know I can't hold on to a dead guy forever and keep reminiscing of the good times gone.....But it was a hell of a good time... Thank you for all the memories... thank you for being there for me every single time...thank you for listening to my endless worries and meaningless mumbo-jumbo even in the dead of the night.....thank you for just being YOU...!!!

I love you as I always have,
I miss you as I always will..
But it's time to put you to rest..
It's time to set you free...


I shall think of you,
As free and not as gone..
I shall dream of you
As free and not as lost....

I love you,
I miss you,
But I'm letting you go....
I'm letting you rest at last.....

4 comments:

Pesto Sauce said...

There's no one worth crying about...no one

buttercup said...

hmmm...

Capricious said...

Its not worth crying over someone who hurt you on purpose. However I would like to think if someone leaves (for no fault of their own) and you cry cause of their absence it means they have made you feel loved by their presence ... and just for that reason its worth crying for someone like that.

Buttercup, look what you have made me into- an oversentimental wreck!

buttercup said...

lol ;)